Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kemba VS Corey The day NYC Has Been Waiting for

Less than 24 hours away from the game everybody has been waiting for; Uconn vs Villanova or Kemba Walker vs Corey Fisher. Tomorrow at 3:30pm eastern every sports fan in NYC will be watching Uconn vs Nova. Both teams are on fire this year, #7 Nova 16-1 overall and 4-0 in Big East play and #9 Uconn 14-2 overall and 3-2 in Big East play. On paper Nova has the best team but who knows the outcome with the way Kemba Walker has been playing. Kemba is coming off a 31 point performance in his last game and Corey 17 points in his last game. Both players know each others game very well since they're from the same neighborhood. Even though everybody wants to see the Corey vs Kemba matchup tomorrow, if I'm either one of these coaches I don't let that happen. Both players are very craft at drawing fouls and both are very aggressive on the defensive end. Kemba is clearly the best player on his team and Corey is clearly the best on his team. If one of these players happen to foul out or get in foul trouble that may be the ball game for their team. I see big games from both of them especially seeing that these are two of my favorite college players. I honestly hope both teams supporting cast plays well too. I don't want this game to be a blowout. I want to see a 50 minute THRILLER. Notice I said "50 minute" so yes I would love to see double overtime. I would like to say good luck to my big brother Corey and my little brother Kemba. I would to see what you guys predict for this game so please feel free to comment. We can even have some debates if enough people comment.

1 comment:

  1. Villanova 80- UConn 72
    C. Fisher 24 Pts 7 Ast
    K. Walker 28 Pts 5 Ast

    Villanova is deeper & tougher. Fisher's confidence has risen since Big East play started & has seemed to have broken out of the slump. The 3 Seniors for the Wildcats will come through due to the lack of bench depth (Dominic Cheek injury). Kemba will have his hands full in this game. Because weather he's guarding M. Wayans or Fisher he's got to play tight defense because both are lethal combo guards. Who's going to step up for UConn?

    ReplyDelete